Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's Hard Being a Fan in Philadelphia

What a story I have for you! Last night it seemed like we would just watch the Phillies win the World Series and be really happy. It was raining really hard and VERY windy. I was snoozing in my swing (saving up my energy for the impending victory celebration). THEN, as Mommy and Daddy were watching the 5th inning of the game, our power went OUT! Thank goodness I was asleep, or I might have been scared! The next thing I knew, at about 10:30 p.m., Daddy was taking me out of my swing and loading me up (by flashlight) into my carseat while Mommy raced around the house trying to find her shoes, while saying some naughty words about someone named Billy Penn.

We got in the car and drove to Aunt Caitlin and Uncle JP's house to watch the game, but as we listened to the radio broadcast in the car, the Rays tied the game and it sounded like they were going to go to a rain delay. We got to my aunt and uncle's, and after about 45 minutes, the game was suspended.

What a tiring night!! And now, look at what I woke up to! Can you believe this? My first snowfall! I sure hope they get the game in tonight, and the Phillies win, otherwise I think Mommy and Daddy might cry!

1 comments:

Natalie said...

If the Phillies don't win, I'm going to cry too. Although, if we DO win, I might cry tears of joy anyway!